Brownsville Public Library Temporarily Closed As a Precaution to Help limit the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 – As a precaution to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Brownsville Public Library System will be temporarily closing both the Southmost and Main Branch Libraries until further notice. All services will be suspended, due dates for checked out items will be extended and fines will not accrue during this time. This suspension includes all public programs, events and room rentals. The public is asked to keep library materials until facilities resume services.
Please remember that all digital resources will continue to be available to the public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the Brownsville Public Library System’s web site (https://www.bpl.us) and related services apps. These services include:
• eBooks and AudioBooks through the Brownsville Public Library System’s Axis360 app
• eMagazines through the rbdigital app
• Online Tutoring with Tutor.com
• Language Learning with the Mango languages app
• Free courses through the KnowledgeCity and Universal Class portals
• or explore any one our diverse selection of online databases
The Brownsville Public Library System is committed to continue providing updates regarding services, programming, and materials through our library web site.
Learn more and find out about remote access for library services at www.bpl.us.